Friday, October 12, 2012

Avoiding Genetically Modified Foods (GMO’s)





Happy Housewife With A Full Fridge of Non-GMO Foods
Oh my.. how easy it must have been back in the olden days to shop for food for your family.  Back then when you purchased milk, it was Pure Milk, when you purchased Corn Meal, it was Pure Corn Meal.  You were confident that what you bought was the real thing and there was no real need to read the labels for killer ingredients. 

It was a simpler time where foods were what they were without any hidden ingredients or being GENETICALLY MODIFIED to look like corn but not actually be REALly corn??  A housewife of yesteryear could be at peace in regards to the foods she purchased for her family, she had no worries about the contents of the food that she prepared for her family to consume.  Today is a different story, grocery shopping for the family has become an all out war!! Sometimes it’s matter of can I afford to purchase ALL organics without going broke or do I purchase a little bit of both and decipher which one is more harmful as a non-organic than the other.  It’s crazy I tell ya… down right crazy!

GMO’s are like in ALMOST everything! I tell ya it’s enough to make you want to throw up your hands and say “I GIVE UP!” Well, we must not lose hope and we can’t give up because our families depend on us to feed them well and we must continually educate ourselves and make hard decisions on the foods we feed our families.  This task may not be easy and will take a lot of diligence and preparation but together we can do it!  I have compiled a list and a few links (I will be adding more) of foods that may be GMO’s and a link to find out which brands are Non-GMO’s you can find it HERE.   I hope this helps many.  

No comments:

Post a Comment