Friday, October 19, 2012

Simple Russian Tea Cookies



 With my “Grandma’s Pantry” I am able to whip up yummy treats that are simple in ingredients but BIG on TASTE!  I SO love simple recipes that have great taste and require little time to whip up and these little darlings most definitely fit the bill. 

Russian Tea Cookies  
  2 sticks of butter
   1 teaspoon vanilla extract
   7 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
   2 cups all-purpose flour
   1 cup chopped walnuts (I used Almonds from out out of the mixed nuts can and crushed them very small) It was the only thing I had
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration 

*I added White Chocolate chips to the last bit of mixture I had and it came out DELICIOUS! I needed to find something to use my White Chocolate for.

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 

2.   In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time.

1 comment:

  1. Before we had Costco in Australia I couldn't buy sticks of butter and had to do the conversion - however with Costco came American butter "sticks" which I buy. I do, however feel a bit guilty for not buying Australian butter.

    ReplyDelete