Monday, November 12, 2012

The New Focal Point..... NO T.V!

 
Whew, its funny how time flies when you're having fun!!  My family and I have gone through some transformations and have been thoroughly enjoying them.  One of our transformations was going CAR-LESS, but that changed after 3 weeks from being CAR-LESS to going CAR-LIGHT.  I was saddened to find after 2 weeks of going CAR-LESS that my town does NOT have adequate public transportation to get around town to shops, appointments, etc.  I had to bite the bullet and keep the car so that I could get to the important destinations that we could not get to on foot.  

We did however enjoy walking miles to the nearest grocery store and checking out the little shops in the mini malls that you don't see when you are in your car and zooming to your destination.  My son was not so happy about me announcing us not going CAR-LESS anymore but I promised him we would still do everything that we could by foot and only use the car for destinations that we can't get too by foot.  

T.V. LESS Decorating....LOL!
Our 2nd transformations and the reason for this post is..... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE*...... WE are officially a T.V. LESS family.  There is NO T.V plugged in at our home... it is currently unplugged and in the corner in my bedroom on the floor until I find another good home for it to be...lol!





The New Focal Point For The Family Room
With the Television gone I have created another focal point for our home, one that is inviting and less intrusive, that is calming and invites you to gather around and talk to one another and share things with each other. That focal point is our fireplace!  It has been a source of fun for us, lighting candles and drinking homemade hot chocolate while singing songs or playing games with each other.  The flickering and the soft glow of the candles on the fireplace and around the room just set a mood of calmness and simplicity that words truly can not describe. 

Just The Laughter of Family Are The Sounds We Hear Now
So, we have ditched cable and the internet, and that is the reason for my absence and will be the reason for posts that may come once or twice a month.  Overall we are happy with our decision and we are enjoying our new lifestyle.  

Our Musical Night Of Playing The Guitar
I will most definitely be keeping a diary of the things we are doing and are accomplishing without the television.  Hey… one quick thing that I really enjoyed last night was listening to the football game on the radio while I hemmed up a pair of pants that were to long for my 7 year old.  I liked the fact that I could enjoy the game and get something done at the same time!!  The consensus in our home is we are having fun and are happier without the T.V. and no one seems to miss it one bit!...well at least at this point…LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment