Monday, December 1, 2014

What's That In The Tree?

See The Clump Of Leaves?  That's A Squirrels Nest!

About a week ago..... I spent some time watching squirrels..... that probably sounds boring, but it actually wasn't!!  It was quite amusing and interesting to say the least.  I wish I could of took pictures or video of the squirrels going on about getting ready for the winter but my phone is not the best at taking video or pictures so I had to forgo taking lots of pics and getting video.

What I witnessed was something that I never paid much attention too before, I noticed this one bushy tailed squirrel using his tiny mouth to pick up leaves.... I thought to myself "Why is this Squirrel picking leaves?"  that made me even more curious so I made sure to keep my eye on the little squirrel... I watched it run up a big tree and when I looked closely I saw what looked like a clump of leaves sitting right in middle of the tree, at first I thought it was a birds nest but after further observation of the squirrel, I realized that the clump of leaves I was looking at was all the doing of this little bushy tailed squirrel.  

I must say I was intrigued to see this squirrel pick up about 3 to 4 leaves into his mouth and carry it up the tall tree and add it to his little nest of leaves... I Googled it and sure enough this little bushy tailed squirrel was making his winter home to help keep him nice and toasty during the winter months.  It was fairly large....makes you wonder about what type of winter we might have this year?  

It's just simple things like that, that make LIFE full and interesting! 





No comments:

Post a Comment